And 9 More Why You Shouldn't

by WilliamB49mwykl posted Oct 03, 2015
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
CES is nothing if not a TV show — a time to take the temperature of the market and see what gimmicks and trends might convince consumers to drop thousands of dollars on a new set in the coming year. While the service is a milestone for the genre, it's really just a first step for DirecTV, which plans on offering a handful of live 4K UHD channels in the near future, slated for 2015, or early 2016.

4k monitor resolutionSharp says this TV won't be out until the late 2015, but it's not the only 4K set in the company's lineup — indeed, 4K is rapidly becoming the standard, and as such there's a host of options from Sharp across price points this year.

Apple has yet to update its own Thunderbolt display with a higher resolution comparable to the latest crop of 4K monitors, but it recently released its new 27-inch Retina 5K iMac that will hopefully pave the way for improved support in OS X and an updated standalone display in the near future.

At Macworld/iWorld 2014, a number of my video pieces were shot with an iPad mini running Vizzywig ($29.99), edited, titled, and then uploaded to our content distribution network and YouTube. My fully charged iPhone 5s dropped to about 38 percent battery capacity by the time I was done shooting, rendering, and uploading the video. While you may not be able to run Vizzywig 4K on your shiny new toy on Friday, rest assured that you'll see the update soon. I, for one, would like to see if the future Vizzywig 4K could take advantage of the Optical Image Stabilization feature of the iPhone 6 Plus.

For example, "The Blair Witch Project" and "28 Days Later" were both shot with standard-definition camcorders, and there would arguably be little extra benefit to buying either movie in a 4k video (mouse click on List.ly) native format over a DVD - depending on the quality of the scaler in your brand-new 4K screen, of course.

Articles