Ray Player, But Can Discs Survive Another Standard Transition?

by DanaeGravattfjowdma posted Oct 03, 2015
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
I've spent the past 20 years writing about the world of home entertainment technology-first at Home Cinema Choice magazine, where I became Deputy Editor, and for the past 17 years on a freelance basis. The files you record on Blackmagic Cinema Cameras are compatible with virtually every video software tool available on every computer platform available. That means you get a complete solution for managing and backing up your media, editing, color correction and authoring final video and film master files for distribution. The cost of 4K TVs is coming down from the highs of $6,000 or more, and models are expected to be available for well under $1,500 in 2015. The alliance hopes to make more 4K content available and to make it easy for consumers to access, in turn making UHD televisions more appealing. Everything you love to watch is precisely converted to 4K Ultra HD pixel resolution for an incredible, ultra-realistic home theater experience.

4k displaySuch stream-shrinking could expand the potential audience for 4K. According to the Akamai, the number of American homes that can handle speeds of 10Mbps or greater jumps to 39 percent. Manufacturers will save all that cutting-edge stuff for their top models, and all those high-end models will be 4K TVs. They're currently priced around $3,500, and they're bound to dip even further as 4K dominates the showroom. In response to my previous articles on the stupidity of 4K TVs, many people argued they had better vision, or some other number should be used.

We're so excited about 4K, we're the first multi-channel video provider in our industry to offer it. And if you're like us, you can't wait to experience your favorite movies and shows in the best picture resolution you can get.

I've not bought a 4k monitor TV yet as I didn't see the point, but now that some content is finally on it's way it might be time to upgrade. BUT UltraHD really is 8K (4K is just like what 720p is for FullHD 1080p…) and that means 4 times 4K (16 times 1080p). They know what they're doing now and they'll do similar with 4K. Yes, displays are ahead of content right now so there's not much co-ordination visible.

The ability to get up close to the screen without the image breaking down is one of the most intoxicating things about 4K. Sitting closer allows the same sized screen to fill more of your visual field, which yields greater immersion.