by MaxwellMcIlwraith512 posted Oct 18, 2015
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
medical-interpreter.jpg

I was a shy, mousy 21-year old, who seldom spoke, and when I did, hardly above a whisper. I urgently wanted to work for social change and social justice. Having been born just three years before the departure of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., I felt guilty for not being able to fight for the civil rights of African Americans.

At all times wear thick soled shoes when walking in shallow tropical waters or reef walking as protection against the highly disguised stonefish. It's dorsal spikes which inject toxin causing extreme swelling and torment and will rupture the skin of the foot. Departures are happened as a result of stonefish poisoning.

Hereis the scenario I envision. I check out an e-book reader (for free, of course) from the service counter. The e-book reader is connected wirelessly to the bookstore's network. I walk around to the touch screen panel situated in a novel rack or the computer at the end of a bookshelf. I seek names, take a look at authors, find a book that looks interesting, and look at covers. I punch in the amount of the e-book reader I'm carrying, and the first 40 or 50 pages of the publication are downloaded to the reader. I take the e-book reader to a soft chair, hook one leg over the armrest, and read. Maybe I locate 10 publications that look interesting. I download the excerpt from each.

It begins well enough. A guy holding a card with your name on it picks you up from the airport. He doesn't talk to you on the way to the hotel. The staff at the hotel speak English. The man subsequently drives you to your meeting where you use most of your Japanese phrases in greeting people and enquiring about their health. This impresses them very much and you feel all warm and fuzzy inside our homepage as you have put in more effort than the average white businessperson, you have defeated the stereotype.

I joined ADAPT in 1986. At the time, I was living my home town, in Chicago, IL. A friend of my godmother phoned her to see if there was anyone that try what she says knew who'd be interested in working as interpreter for and an attendant a man with impairments. Dennis Schreiber, the man, was a member of ADAPT. He traveled frequently, and wanted someone as back-up staff.

I 'd been involved in the peace and justice movement, but never felt at home, and never felt as if I were a real part of stuff. Also, I was often the sole African American taking part in the activities.

Soon after joining ACCOMMODATE, I met with a national leader Wade Blank, and one of the co founders. In December, 1988, I moved to Colorado Springs, Colorado, to work with Atlantis/ACCOMMODATE.

There are many monuments to Sumter around the state, together with a road in Columbia itself. Possibly his most notable legacy is his nickname, the City of Sumter is called "The Gamecock City" and the sportsmen of both Sumter High School and also the University of South Carolina are known as "The Fighting Gamecocks," and let us not forget that the first shots of the Civil War were fired at Fort Sumter.
TAG •

Articles