Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
CUNY Television Unique: Lifestyle in the Electronic Age

This has been been a bit more than fifty years because the Internet was created, and to to say it "Digital Genie" h AS extremely broke out from the bottle is an entire understatement. We're consumed, commanded, and constricted by our digital devices. They make our lives simpler, open the flood gates for information and communicating and jeopardize our privacy and safety all at exactly the same time. And every evening provides fresh electronic facts and revolutions only in the short period we've been taking care of this special, close to five-million people had their private information stolen. A significant movie studio was brought to its knees by international electronic piracy and innumerable efforts at terrorism were thwarted by the correct men utilizing the right Internet resources. We start with Paul Gilliam and digital consumerism. John Oster, the founder and C.E.O. of Better Competent, a credit repair-service, states the hackers are quite savvy, and also have better resources than retail merchants. Plus they get into the systems in several different methods. They are able to possess a place that works inside the business to get a short period of time. Once they've access to the admin then they could upload the virus. And he says buyers must improve their behaviour if we want to combat the thieves. It starts with mobile banking. Mobile phones are nearly available. They're skimming devices where if you are performing mobile banking you are sitting having your lunch and you are assessing your bank-account. There might be somebody near-by that is getting all of that information as long as you're carrying it out. But when it's moving through, a recipient can get that info. He claims the cell phone is an extremely powerful apparatus. And that info is saved there. You might have that capacity to actually get into someone cellphone and talk to it and really look at what is around the cellular phone. That is why you constantly want to make sure your phone is password protected. These men have that knowledge of how these techniques work; their software engineers. They're very, very intelligent. They travelled to school for this and and they are only choosing to use their knowledge and experience for terrible purposes. But those programs fundamentally are transferring a great deal of your info to 3rd parties. And typically, you are agreeing to terms of service use with each and every app. You will find ways of paying with your telephone number, rather than a credit card. But Oster is not prepared to jump on board. Because this really is a pc, and it's a tremendous amount of power, and it can do all the current encryption techniques. Your cellphone does not necessarily have to send away your credit card picture; it may send out a symbol that matches that picture. And it is a a-one time expression, so it is different every time the card can be used for a trade. Therefore scams merely can't merely replay it, and make a buy in your name. Increasingly, we're coming to depend on on something called 'The Internet of Things.' Today, it might be more difficult than that, but that's a simple approach to get your head around it. Can my refrigerator detect what items are inside of the refrigerator to communicate to my phones that I I may have to head to the shop to get milk. Similarly, you are able to imagine 'The Internet of Things' in a more public space like neighborhood and sensor systems being able to turn on and off streetlights based on the recognition of men and women in a physical place. But nevertheless, whenever we use smart mobile phones as well as other devices there are privacy issues. Component of it is due to a G.P.S. or location device in the cellphone monitoring your place. Therefore, depending upon what shop you are strolling or by, you're likely to get an ad ping then routed to your mobile based upon your geographic location. They understand where what you're wearing, that which you're driving, in the event you seen an auto dealer, what shopping centre you visit; They know every thing. The best guess now would be to understand that and be mindful so that one can limit any harmful exposure. But suppose that your electronic id is not you. Digital characters may be real fraudulent or someplace in between. But is there a right and wrong method to handle electronic identities. Ernabel Demillo delves in. But as the Web has grown, evidence suggests we're losing control over our digital details and some individuals are combating again. As a performer, fi-fi depends on Facebook to participate her fans and promote her shows. In the autumn of 2014, her FB account was suspended, along with more than 200 drag queens nationwide. Breaking Myspace actual name phrases of service. I sat down with fi fi originator to talk about what happened. But Chief Merchandise Officer Joe Cox on his Facebook webpage, wrote that the real name plan is to keep users from doing bad points. Jessa Lingel doesn't think so. She is a Microsoft researcher, who studies social media and also the Net. Exactly why is it important for information to get merely any one particular identity? Their algorithms aren't set up to comprehend Jessa has one account where she is a librarian and still another account where she's an activist and still another profile where she is really in to bicycles. All those things are true, but they need that device to be one solitary consideration, not numerous balances. Face Book in reality is now worth 200 million and expanding. Plus and it is only maybe not Face Book. Everyone who goes on line is being recorded. When you store on Amazon, lookup on Google, locate a day on Tindr, or a ride on Uber, all our on-line behaviors are being monitored and unbeknownst to many folks, it is being discussed and offered. But he's bothered when information profiles are found in ways that damage people. That's where I got a problem, because afterward opportunities are being refused depending on data that might be inaccurate or may be unfair or can have points that should not be rolled up in any way. And to function as the company that has that info, that places them in a really brilliant energy placement later on to exercise influence over policy. But how is digital technology influencing the capability of police to do its job and protect the people? Claire Falzone describes. Every thing that people patrol is a terrorist target. Approved by Congress as a joint venture between New York and Nj, it manages several of the metropolitan areas' busiest transit hubs and conduits, which contains all three airfields, all four bridges between The Big Apple and Nj, three bus devices and New Jersey's PATH teach system. It also possesses the World Trade Center website, and oversees operation of the area 's seaports. So it's no surprise that using a portfolio of quality targets, most discussions about protection details were politely turned down. You will find alarms throughout the place. But the cameras certainly are a big thing with today's police and you see that all the time. We seen on a tranquil day. But in case of a significant crisis, this chamber would turn into a hub for coordinating a response. In the front of the room is a arena sized video screen that provides emergency responders using a view of some of the Port Authority surveillance feeds. Cams are also utilized in the Slot Authority bus terminal in the-hell kitchen section of Manhattan. Apart from apprehending illegal action, the cameras also help a special department of plainclothes officers maintain troubled adolescents from getting themselves in over their troubled minds. While the Port Authority cops have show up with some creative methods to make use of surveillance cameras, technologies and protection don't always go together. Recently the M.T.A. police busted-up a ring of foreign offenders who are trying to use L.I.R.R. ticket devices to take commuters and their credit card info for a ride. All eventually pled guilty to charges relating to a credit card skimming procedure they went targeting six train stations. They also grown well-disguised video cameras above the vending machine keypad to get PIN figures and zip-code information necessary to use the cards. Then in two apartments in Queens, the group would take gift cards from major stores and rename code the magnetic stripe with the stolen credit card information. According to pc crimes Lieutenant Mike Vicente routed, the card and coding apparatus are not hard to come by. >>> ERIKA VICENTE: Sadly in this very day and age, it's throughout the Net. These devices can be purchased in the black market on the underground. Moreover, the M.T.A. police recovered over $68,000 in cash considered to be skimmed from the charge cards of unsuspecting account owners. However, as we move forward into 2015, everything is cyber. Our next story focuses on cyber-harassment as a real and incredibly painful area of the electronic world. He essentially tricked me into believing that he was this record producer, when he actually wasn't; he was the global arms dealer and a recognized internet stalker. She chronicled the experience in her book, 'Stalking a Queen.' >>>LEANDRA RAMM: He started following other people that were in productions with me simply because they were associated with me for some reason. He began to contact all my household; my aunties and uncles and cousins might get calls at all hours of the night. He essentially did everything that he could without being actually in my life to destroy my lifestyle. They all stated at the finish, "there is nothing they could do." There is no regulation that shielded me from so, plus it actually sheds a light on why there's this kind of empty gap right now in cyber stalking law and what must be performed. The United States nevertheless does have national and state cyber harassment laws in place that hold people criminally accountable if they immediately endanger someone using a communications device. Critics assert that some of these regulations are not applied or prosecuted, although some locate the regulations to be too extensive and influence our freedom speech. Because these privileges have never to extinguish the very substance of other person's rights, which can be individual dignity. That is why the courts when they interpret these exceptions, they desire to achieve this really in a narrow manner to ensure it can not extinguish the very essence of your correct. Sadly, youth suicide remains an important public health concern in the U.S. For more info in regards to credit card and loans look at our web site. And studies show that cyberbullying victims are twice as more likely to try and kill themselves. This picture from CUNY's Task Change Fun Workshop is one way teenagers are shining a light on cyber bullying. A lot of times there's not a discussion group to discuss what's going on. These points are in fact going on, therefore we are not simply making things up. It's a reflection of what people are going through. Twenty-five per cent of teenagers and teenagers are intimidated frequently through their phones or the Web. Studies also demonstrate that about half young adults have experienced some type of cyberbullying or have engaged in it. Occasionally it's part of growing up; it does not make it right. It merely occurs on the Net because that is where our children are and surely that must be addressed. They do not have an idea of the consequences of setting up an improper photograph, using inappropriate vocabulary on the web; so I feel that what's happened with our work is that that perspective has changed. You are considering a peer education model, and whenever you've two peers speaking amongst themselves or speaking to each other, it is going to really have a great impact. I feel like there is a better method of informing people how you are feeling instead of adding on the web. I just feel like you just need to communicate with people more and then communicate how you feel and talk to them about it; that you do not need to spread rumors. Facebook has just-released a fresh "blocked users" site and new reporting tools, which makes it simpler for sufferers to quiet their harassers. Nicely, he was charged last year and is offering a three-year jail sentence in Singapore. For CUNY TV, I am TinaBeth Pia. They text, they tweet. They post, they join. Today's teens are hard wired to technology with techniques many of us grownups find difficult to completely grasp. But how much is too much? We assembled a number of adolescents to get their views. They told us online socializing may get extortionate. Technology obviously has its advantages. This era has endless opportunities for learning and progress, but the drawbacks might also be actual. Dr. Kirsten Cullen Sharma is a shrink at N.Y.U. Langone's Child Study Center. Therefore when kids are assessing their accounts or they're checking their e-mail or they are checking their text messages to find out if something pops up, that's tremendously reinforcing to them. Do young people perhaps not worry about seclusion or maybe simply define it differently. Take a look at these amounts from the Pew Research Center. They show teens are discussing more. But the the investigation also signals children are taking steps to handle the privacy of their advice. As an example, 60% of teen Facebook users set their profiles to private. And ONE in 4 teen social media users say they post fraudulent info; such as a fake name, age or place to help protect their privacy. Privacy or the lack of it, is among the things parents worry about most and safeguard against. But I really trust my children; I just don't think that's going to happen. I actually think so long as you consider the responsibility and instill it in them, they're very conscious. Should you not understand these acronyms you need to; F.O.M.O. and Y.O.L.O., stenography in the digital landscape for "anxiety about missing out" and "you just live once." Sree Sreenivasan, a engineering expert along with the Chief Digital Officer at the Metropolitan Museum of Art clarifies. This is exactly why people then jump into points that perhaps they should not because they don't want to miss out on what their buddies say, what they're doing; that type of stuff. I actually don't get one hundred enjoys in per year on nearly anything I do and a 14-year old desires 100 likes and views it a failure if it does not have have 100 enjoys. Every instant another chance to be left out. Our team gave us quite a listing. I feel like a lot of them feel like they have to live up to certain criteria and so much of their time goes into taking the proper picture of themselves. I understand ladies that will simply hang-out as well as shoot images of each other for like a whole afternoon. Some adolescents are driving again. Clara said she opted out-last year as a result of homework, and my own thirteen year old has avoided a number of the most famous social media websites, saying it is only too much at least for today. I am aware I would not have the ability to stop myself. But with interpersonal media which will be simpler said than done. Facebook's own rules are 13, and parents each day in this country sit down with their kid, and approve them joining Face Book. They would never rest with their children concerning the age of drinking, smoking, age of driving, age of voting. But this minor matter, which looks therefore small, which they will have a relationship for the next ten years. They will let them lay. Know where your information is stored and try to control who views it. Know about your digital footprint and what it was reveals about you. Be vigilant in protecting yourself with ever-changing passwords. It's nevertheless a wild west out here.

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
70 Cách đăng Ký Và đăng Nhập Account Tại Sam86 Club BarbKjy592199831502 2022.06.03 73
69 Cách đăng Ký Và đăng Nhập Account Tại Sam86 Club Ada52P8669953321456 2022.06.03 69
68 Đánh Giá Chung Phiên Bản Game Sam86.Vin ShonaKifer36339825 2022.06.03 81
67 Đánh Giá Chung Phiên Bản Game Sam86.Vin Darin00O31649400 2022.06.02 70
66 Cách đăng Ký Và đăng Nhập Account Tại Sam86 Club MadonnaDelee42095934 2022.06.01 73
65 Đánh Giá Chung Phiên Bản Game Sam86.Vin ChiWilburn8936837 2022.06.01 88
64 Simplifying No-Fuss Systems For Best Buy Compare LeonReal14007859468 2015.10.18 4
63 Clear-Cut Find Best Price Methods Considered ElizbethScherk90755 2015.10.18 85
» CUNY TV Special Life In The Digital Age KennithMcCrae369597 2015.10.18 52
61 Updates On Fast Methods In Price Compare Website Chastity8356882 2015.10.18 36
60 Considering Necessary Details In Consumer Products Ratings HassanStamey81132001 2015.10.18 50
59 Sensible Price Compare Website Products Explained ElizbethScherk90755 2015.10.18 35
58 Effective Best Price Comparison Programs - The Facts ElizbethScherk90755 2015.10.18 2
57 Caught For Identity Theft Take An Online Theft Class Anaheim Mental Health ZandraEhk13246915103 2015.10.18 26
56 Simple Systems Of Additional Resources Revealed LeonReal14007859468 2015.10.18 1
55 An Analysis Of Sensible Solutions In Consumer Product Reviews Chastity8356882 2015.10.18 25
54 Exploring Major Factors Of Consumer Reviews RobtOdom467611120737 2015.10.18 10
53 Locating A Great UK Immigration Attorney VelvaMcVeigh3979 2015.10.17 1
52 Uncomplicated Advice Of Price Compare Website - An Intro RobtOdom467611120737 2015.10.17 28
51 Calif. Bill Would Spend For Legal Representatives For Unaccompanied Minor Immigrants AbdulSleeman521 2015.10.17 25
Board Pagination Prev 1 2 3 ... 4 Next
/ 4
XE1.7.11 Layout1.1.0