by GarryBergmann223870 posted Oct 17, 2015
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
8314296604_0142cbf49b_z.jpg

The main problem with learning Thai is go to this website the fact that the foundation of the language is not European-established. English and also the other Euro languages have Latin, Greek, Viking, etc., roots; Thai does not, go to this website so you have to memorize hundreds, if not thousands, of strange and unrelated sounds. This is not easy, unless you use some type of memory trigger.

As far as skills go, I must say I believe the focus these days has to be on technology, multilingualism, problem solving and critical thinking abilities. Our kids are going to be forced to face challenges that we cannot even imagine at this point. They need to have the capacity to think for themselves. I also think we're going to have to face challenges using a global and humanitarian outlook, so the abilities will soon not be useful minus the character traits I mentioned.

Do show great respect to monks and offer your seat on bus or a boat to a monk. As a general rule women should avoid all eye and physical contact with a monk. Everybody is anticipated to show respect to monks. Should you give up your seat for a monk it is always appreciated as well as the river express boats in Bangkok have special Monk only areas. As with many places, giving up your seat for an elderly person is also appreciated.

But what is ultimately fascinating to me about their faith and Thais is, unlike many American 'Christians' I know, their faith actually lives, in how they live their every day lives and how they treat individuals. American Christians are so 100% sure their religion is correct and everyone else's is incorrect, they spend much of their lives fighting to shove their perspectives as "the only way" and to make other people change. Everything the Bible tells them not to.

Moral of the story. Your image matters. Should you dress and behave like a pirate, you'll be treated like a pirate. If you dress and behave like a decent individual, you'll be handled as such. Even the weakest of Thais make an attempt to dress well. You need to do the same.

Thai Culture is Dramatically Different Than Western Culture - have few Thai buddies, hang out with other westerners, lots of western guys come to Thailand and make little attempt to Thailand culture. A sizable percent, regrettably, have the ingrained idea that western culture is preferable to Thai culture and, although they live here for years, spend much of it looking down on Thailand. Therefore, when they begin a serious relationship and meet a Thai girl, they've already decided they are going to do things the 'western manner', as it is better. In fact, it's not and your Thai girlfriend will likely not believe so.

In Thailand, Thais digest what they read, shrug, read a news story and move on. Getting bent out of shape about simply click the next web page newest stupid thing Prime Minister Abhisit said is a waste of their time. It was said by him. The papers reported it. Thais laugh about it. Done. Not much point losing sleep over it, now is there?

"Sanuk" in Thai means 'enjoyable' and everything in life for Thais - whether work, instruction, friends, family, religion, politics - should be fun and should make you happy. If it's not entertaining and they're not happy, they're not interested in doing it and they won't. Envision how wonderful America would be if Americans believed the same thing.
TAG •

Articles