Am I Entitled To Compensation For Flight Hold-up After Fire On Board?

by BrigidaAgee63400 posted Oct 16, 2015
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 수정 삭제
If you are delayed for more than 3 hours or your flight is cancelled, EU rule 261/2004 states that you are often entitled to claim payment as much as the value of ₤ 470. I assume you are applying for EU261 payment for a postponed air travel rather than payment for the method your hold-up was handled here, however to have not received a reply within 6 months is highly uncommon in spite of the stockpile that Thomas Cook may have had. We were notified by a Thomas Cook representative that we would be diverted to another airport after 7 hours in the airport with 3 kids and a mad sweetheart this was not the very best start. Thomas Cook had subcontracted the air travel and would not offer us any payment at all. I have an initial letter with the flight numbers on but I do not have our tickets or boarding passes.

I do not what you were offered at the point the change was made, however have you talked to Bachelor's Degree about this an explored your full alternatives? Under CAA policies you can not assert under EU261 for any payment as the time changes are understood prior to the air travel and not on the day of departure or within 2 weeks of departure. 3 days ago I was flying from Madrid to Stockholm with British Airways, via a linking flight in London Heathrow. We were informed to keep invoices as we were entitled to payment for the travel costs.

Our air travel was postponed by simply over 5 hours, in spite of me having never had an issue with the airline company - they were always on time or early for landing. This time, there was a horrible delay, where no-one had informes us of why the delay had actually taken place in the first place, and the departure time kept getting pressed back on the screen without a single explanation from the staff - i attempted asking however they obviously were not informed.

Asked why people do not declare payment when flights are postponed, travel professional Simon Calder told the BBC: It's partly because people have no idea. Travelers were more than flight delay compensation calculator likely to experience hold-ups of more than three hours on short-haul flights with airline companies Vueling, Emperor and Thomas Cook, which together represented more than 700 delays in the in 2014 across 68,000 passenger journeys.

I would suggest getting in touch with Norwegian Airlines once again to ask more details about your hold-up and why they are classing it as extraordinary conditions - and keep records of your correspondence with the airline company in case you have to refer back to it at a later date. If this had been a Thomson airplane then you would have been entitled to compensation subject to satisfying the conditions. Unfortunately you would not be entitled to payment under EU261 rul; es in this instance. The only course of action you might now have is to grumble direct to KLM/Delta (they are partner airline companies)and ask for compensation for the disruption.

After checking out the compensation entitlement earlier in the year, I began to research whether I could arrange the claim myself. The air travel in question being on the 23rd Might 2009 I had lots of details however could not discover all the information require ... I pursued 5 months fighting with Thomas Cook for this compensation and you were able to protect it in 5 weeks. After investing over YEAR aiming to acquire travel delay compensation from Thomas Cook and failing entirely, I relied on in an effort to get some justice. We would like to state how grateful we are, that you have achieved success in winning the compensation on our behalf, from Wizzair.

I am a little uncertain as to the specific conditions here however if you decided to leave the following day on a separate flight then you would not usually be entitled to claim. I went to the airport, examined security and spent couple of hours waiting and enjoying new departure times every 30 min, till I understood it was going to be 6 hours delay. They did put is up in a hotel overnight, but as I no longer have any paper work or a note of the air travel number I imagine I am going to have problems.

Articles